Last Updated: 25th July 2018 (over 4 years ago)
At my current role as a regional project manager for the Middle East and India, I cover project management for the projects that we have won to ensure perfect delivery time/budget as well as play the business development role during road shows, exhibitions and introducing our systems to customers in the MEI region.
My current role deals with oil and gas, Manufacturing, Power companies, transportation and many more to sell our PAGA (Public address system).
Working with big customers such as ARAMCO, SEC (Saudi Electrical Company), HHI (Hyundai Heavy Industries), GS Construction Arabia, Radio Holland, system integrators and many more during my projects gave me the experience in how to deal with different culture and rules within each customer organizations.
Getting involved with site commissioning as well as project design has given me good experience to match the theory of the design with the real need at the site and during commissioning.
I'm also aware of the Middle East market due to my coverage of this region and I do speak both English and Arabic.
MSc Engineering Project Management
— Oct 2011
BEng (Hons) Electronics Engineering
— Jul 2003
Regional Project Manager - MEI
• Proactively review and design the technical solution required to address customer requirements, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the firm.
• Attend meetings with the Clients and work hand in hand with sales in closed monitoring of progress of sales opportunities.
• Prepares and handles technical proposal & submittal for any project prospects.
Generate opportunities for site support and system upgrades.
• Review RFQ and in charge for building BOQ for system design.
• Support existing sites to ensure that the system works effectively.
• Create and deliver training/presentations to customers.
• Work with the RSM to deliver a weekly, accurate forecast for the region.
• Support FAT/SAT, and commissioning activities on site.
• Maintain relationship with key players and clients while project is under execution in order to deliver on time, budget and as expected from customer.
• Maintain CRM data for project forecast and future opportunities within the region.
• Manage Vendor registration list (AVL) for all companies product.
Electronics Project Engineer
— Apr 2012
• Dealing with sub-contractors globally (i.e. UK, Far East) for technical queries, costing/quotes, and quality issues.
• Giving engineering support to quality team, account managers in order to analyse any complex engineering issue with the projects as well as all sub-contractors during the product build stage for any technical issues
• Responsible for supporting counterfeit inspection team/machines.
• Help in cost reduction/improvement exercises assigned to specific projects
• Writing Visual Aids and Work instructions required for the new projects as well as support in setting up projects into the company system.
• Work with customers to resolve all BOM, Build, Change issues where required.
— Jul 2009
• Commercial and technical understanding of customer requirements, Ensure compliance to all customer requirements and H.I.S
• Write process instruction sheets, which required for build and communicate with all departments to prepare for tooling, test, etc.
• Manage the project cycle from A to Z with full technical support, to meet the delivery time and try to increase efficiency and reduce cost using lean techniques, and kaizen and ensuring project cost are met all the time
• Due to the nature of Harting business as a sub-contractor, projects were from all industry sectors (i.e. aerospace, oil and gas, defence, etc.)
Electronics Test and PC Configuration Engineer
— Nov 2006