Evident success leading operations and global business development in leading organisations.
Last Updated: 27th May 2017 (over 5 years ago)
Highlights of Expertise:
• Strategic Business Planning
• Cost Reduction and Avoidance
• Cash Flow Optimisation
• Recruiting and Staffing Initiatives
• Contract Development / Negotiations
• Budget Administration / Management
• Sales Strategy
• Process Redesign / Change Management
• Staff Development Programs
• Team Building and Leadership
Master of Science in Microelectronics and Semiconductor Devices
— Jun 1997
Collaborate with senior business managers to conceptualise and deliver improvements in process to achieve commercial goals. Strategically responsible for ensuring the operation has future capacity to meet its growth targets. Recruit, train, and direct a high performing team of 50, drive operational and sales strategies, manage sales, branding, and marketing promotions. Closely monitor and react to all financial and commercial activities, positively embrace and promote change to ensure the consistent delivery of performance and business strategy.
• Introduced strategic and tactical action plans to increase revenues, spearheaded a significant revenue increase for the organisation.
• Provided oversight across all aspects of financial planning, budgeting, control, and analysis, confirmed accurate and compliant accounts receivable and accounts payable.
• Set KPIs, leveraged incentives and competitions to motivate each division to achieve all performance objectives.
• Directed financial operations, formulated and executed company strategy, advised on financial planning and forecasting, enabled effective business decision making.
• Successfully processed overdue debts, formulated accurate claims to debtors, statements of claim for courts, attended arbitration trials and liaised directly with bailiffs.
Head of Attachments Division
— Jun 2015
Key contributor to the achievement of challenging targets. Led the sales of attachments throughout the dealer territory.
• Established an effective new division within the organisation, swiftly achieved results.
• Led project teams to develop business strategy, enhanced sales and market share in compact equipment: skid-steer loaders, mini-excavators, and backhoe loaders.
• Increased revenues while maintaining operating income through well-planned project scheduling and coordination strategies and effective time/resource optimisation.
• Balanced a tenacious approach with outstanding levels of service, triggered an increase in sales of attachments and compact equipment.
• Sourced new suppliers, forged robust and mutually beneficial partnerships, negotiated prices and contracts to achieve profitability margins.
— Jan 2013
Established the dealership from a start-up position. Originated and implemented business structure, budgets, and operations. Controlled all commercial, financial, HR, and administrative requirements for the company. Presided over all international activity for the organisation.
• Directed successful fulfilment of the launch and running of a new dealer centre.
• Conceptualised and initiated an aggressive internal growth plan, project managed the opening of new branches.
• Introduced changes to address explosive staff growth while maintaining cost overheads, despite staffing and training increases; built a talented, performance-driven team.
• Achieved outstanding performance during the first 12 months of the dealership operation, delivered more than 80 construction machines to customers, within agreed timescales.
• Designed and implemented effective advertising strategy across multiple channels including website, media, and exhibitions.
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER – Machines Division
— Jun 2010
Orchestrated all bottom-line factors, including company vision, long-range strategic planning, product management, marketing, and business processes, to develop and enhance operations.
• Tirelessly researched and analysed market trends, offered ideas, allowed the business to stay ahead of the competition.
• Defined new business processes, enabled compliant dealership operations in Russia.
• Built a dealer network in Russia, identified and approached new dealers and maintained existing relationships, attracted new sales from the acquisition of 13 new dealers.
• Orchestrated and facilitated the training and coaching of dealer members, upskilled sales staff to achieve targets.
— Oct 2008