Last Updated: 22nd May 2017 (over 5 years ago)
Previously, worked as an Electrical Engineer for Advanced Energy Contracting Company at Al-Mansourah 132/13.8 kV substation #8186, Riyadh, KSA.
I completed my bachelor's degree in electrical and electronics engineering with a cumulative grade point average of 7.75 out of 10. In my academics I did one project in wind energy technology in which a new technique is designed to overcome limits of wind towers!!!
Bachelor of Engineering
— May 2013
• Duration – January 2017 to till date.
• Job Description – Technical & Management supervision along with site execution of all Electrical Medium Voltage (MV) & Low Voltage (LV) UG cable installation works, which are being carried out as per approved drawings & BOQ specifications.
• Medium voltage (MV) network includes the installation of distribution transformers, mini pillars & its cable laying, jointing & termination works.
• Supervision of long-run MV cable laying works in coordination with the contractor.
• Installation of single-arm, double-arm & decorative lighting poles as per the approved drawings and laying of its cables as per the BOQ specification.
• Coordinating with the document controller for raising the inspection requests of completed works and visiting the field along with client’s consultant engineer for the approval of the work.
• Attending the comments given by the consultant engineer during inspection.
• Coordinate with Civil & Mechanical engineers and discussing the technical aspects of electrical systems with contractor towards successful completion of the project.
• Following higher management time schedule instructions and advices, reporting work field condition issues & status to higher management.
— Jan 2017
• Duration – February 2014 to January 2017 (3 years).
• Job Description – To liaise with the sub-contractors/suppliers for the erection of different equipments of 132kV Gas Insulated Switchgears, 77MVA Power Transformers, and 13.8kV Capacitor bank as per specifications and drawing.
• To supervise the erection of 13.8kV Switchgear panels, 132kV Control & Protection panels, LV auxiliary transformer and ring main unit.
• To supervise the installation of Cable raceways (LV & MV), Shielding System, Lighting System, over all substation Grounding & UG cable ductbanks.
• To supervise the laying and termination of MV, multi cores LV and Control cables as per Project Technical Specification.
• Installation of complete HVAC system including cable routing, laying & termination.
• Raising the issues to Design department during the installation phase relating to the conflict between the civil/mechanical & rectifying it as per site conditions.
• Follow-up with the Project Engineer for the client coordination during the installation of the electrical equipments & site inspections.
• Reporting to the Project Manager for the problems associated with the management and the achievement of the project.
• Extending necessary crucial support to Testing & Commissioning team during the commissioning activity & raising the defects to the supplier and follow-up for the correction.
• Attendance of all snag points issued by the Consultant/Client during inspection of any systems.
• Monitor projects during or after execution to ensure projects conform to design specifications.
• Coordinate with Local purchaser/procurement engineer for the raised material requests & arranging the delivery of materials to ensure the work completion on time.
• Follow-up for civil & mechanical activities, arranging materials required to complete the area preparation.
• Supervising the plumbing team to execute the work as per the approved drawings.
• Attending site meetings with Client and Sub-Contractors.
• Coordinate with the QA/QC engineers for the inspection of the work.
• Lead, motivate, communicate, develop, and manage the performance of the site team to ensure that the team has the full motivation to achieve the best performance to meet project targets.
• Producing weekly look heads ensuring that all the correct personnel, machinery and equipments are in place in advance of the planned works.
• Documentation, Planning and Time Scheduling.
• Review and acceptance of Health and Safety Plans and method statements and their implementation.