L&D Project Management
Last Updated: 27th April 2019 (over 3 years ago)
Core Skills: Leadership Development ● Business Management ● Quality Control and Project Management ● Stakeholder Management ● Budget Management ● Learning and Development and Change Management ● Performance and Capability Improvement ● Emotional Intelligence and Cross Cultural Understanding ● Consulting, Coaching and Mentoring ● End to End Learning Needs Analysis (Strategic Approach to Training - SAT/Analysis, Design, Develop, Implement, Evaluate - ADDIE) ● Successive Approximation Model (SAM) ●Team Building/Player and Proactively Visible ● Training Course Design and Materials Support ● Facilitation ● Sage on the Stage ● Learning Management Systems.
All education and professional training is in this section
— Jul 2010
Master of Science (MSc), Organisation Studies and Human Resources Management. University of Essex, 2010
Bachelor of Arts with Honours (BA Hons.), Sociology. University of Essex, 1994
Associate Degree, Criminal Justice and Public Policy. Middlesex University, 1997
Master of Arts (MA), Criminology. Middlesex University, 1995
Master Train the Trainer, Engineering Employers Federation, United Kingdom, 2012
Process Safety Management, Haward Technology, Abu Dhabi, UAE, 2011
Leading and Managing Change, Haward Technology, Abu Dhabi, UAE, 2011
NVQ Level 3, Information Technology, Crown UK Qualified IT skills.
Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Oracle/Taleo and various in-house systems and apps.
References available on request
LinkedIn Public Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/elliottadam
• Leads and manage the implementation of learning solutions
• Oversees the full training life cycle, working closely with clients, stakeholders and internal teams
• Consults with clients to scope the project, conduct Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and strategic reviews
• Works closely with the Business Development teams on bids and proposals
• Ensures the learning solution is delivered on time and to budget.
Learning & Development Manager
— May 2017
• Recommended strategic input(s) into organisation development to deliver a Learning Management System (LMS) SuccessFactors (SAP), revamp attraction to exit model, induction and training to deliver a superior learning experience bringing best practice, continuous improvement and innovation to the firm.
• Diagnosed capability shortfalls using organisational and individual training needs analysis (TNA), bringing value to the growth agenda, remaining in budget delivering solid returns on investment across a range of skill streams.
• Consultancy advice relating to talent development to senior management team and heads of department.
• Mentoring and coaching support to High Potentials (HiPo) to develop high level skill in presentation and interview skills.
Learning & Development Manager (Growth Projects)
— Dec 2014
• Completed training needs analysis, build competency framework, designed training courses and delivered blended training programmes, achieved all agreed goals that resulted in a 100% pass and retention rate.
• After training provided each employee with an individual development plan, giving a tailored development pathway for all levels so that succession and talent management could proceed in an effective manner.
• Engaged with third parties where necessary, to design and implement specialist training whilst budgeting the firm’s trainee fund to ensure maximum effectiveness, along with developing a strategy for maximising the use of trainees (400) across the business and establishing a training establishment from scratch.
• Established compliance controls and implemented a safe system of work to meet all regulatory requirements. Encouraged Continuous Improvement and first party audit practices to maintain all relevant standards, leading to zero incidents during my time in post.
• Developed a skills programme to enhance leadership and communication skills by designing and delivering the "Taking the Stage" (Train the Trainer) initiative plus writing all the documentation & facilitator guides.
Regional Learning & Development Manager
— Feb 2013
• Built the competency framework infrastructure to form the basis of meeting career and knowledge goals.
• Partnered with Learning Management System vendor (Taleo/Oracle) to deliver the CA online platform to establish a guided, self-service learning platform.
• Sourced suppliers to deliver on identified knowledge and competency requirements.
• Developed and implemented the Global Leadership Development Programme, achieving a 90% pass rate.
• Championed the Cristal Apprentice/Graduate Scheme seeing a 100% rise in enrolment.
Head of Training
— Mar 2011
• Training needs analysis undertaken across thirty-five military establishments, covering a wide range of skills and competencies within existing staff structures and linked to nationally recognised qualification. Subsequent production of Training and Development Plan to fulfil learning objectives with each organisation, using the UK military Joint Service Publication (JSP 822), the Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT), using the Analysis, Design, Develop, Implement and Evaluate (ADDIE) methodology.
• Implemented a quality management plan to effectively update and control the quality of instruction, engaging with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other partners to ensure course accuracy and applicability, to reinforce ongoing learning’ Participated on numerous performance/selection boards for competency rated officer promotions, providing recommendations on further training and personal development to enable individuals to achieve the next steps in their career progression.
Human Resource Manager
— Dec 2007
• Successfully managed the transition from an old soviet-style system to a matrix operating model.
• Analysed compensation and benefit packages and then developed a value budget proposal with compensation curriculums that led to £70,000 annual savings and 100% improved retention.
• Designed, constructed and implemented all training materials for transliteration of ICAO standard, plus writing all the documentation & facilitator guides.