LEAD COST ENGINEER/CONTROLLER
Last Updated: 4th June 2018 (over 4 years ago)
20 Years of collective experience in the field of Project Controls/ Finance/Admin, Accounting, Internal/Financial Audit and Project Management. These experiences include being a Lead Cost Engineer, Financial Controller, Senior Project Accountant in a multinational company, Internal Auditor in a top Corporation and exposure to works abroad in multi-cultural environment (UAE & USA).
Significant transactional and accounting background and experience; able to apply accounting and systems knowledge to problem-solving more unusual accounting issues; able to use awareness of expected results in the preparation and review of entries, financial statements, or reports; identifies, analyzes and resolves associated routine variances and discrepancies
Understands and applies accounting policy and principles (GAAP, GCA, IAS) to properly record, report and maintain financial data associated with operational activities; explains the financial impact of accounting entries; works with supervisors and peers to ensure that internal accounting procedure keeps pace with changing business environment; understands business process risk and controls
Proficient in the use of financial and accounting software such as MS Office, SAP R/3, Oracle R12, BW Reporting, Hyperion, BPCS-As400, Sage 50, Quick books, MyMicros and Sun System.
Develops finance process documentation and accounts reconciliation guides.
Major industry exposure in Energy & Chemicals- Oil & Gas, Industrial & Infrastructure, Pharmaceuticals, Retail, Hospitality and Manufacturing businesses.
Hardworking, organized and keen to details, flexible, efficient, goal oriented and multi-tasker. Flexible, has excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and has the ability to work well as outside clients and vendors.
LEAD COST ENGINEER
— Aug 2018
• Preparing a cost control for all projects from inception date till completion date.
• Prepare analyses and reconciliation to each project individually- including all expenditures, Material transfer from warehouse and to allocate and charged correctly.
• Preparation of Client Invoicing.
• Provide planning and cost controlling support for all projects which includes variation reporting, monitoring of milestone progress to the preparation of customer billing processes, etc.
• Perform and manage project activity scheduling and monitoring
• Perform technical and commercial review of subcontractor’s quotations for the preparation of Service agreements
• Ensure effective project implementation and utilize productive with the use of project management system to monitor the status of all purchases, invoicing and delivery up to the closure of the project.
• Coordinate and work with the project management team to resolve project issues to ensure the delivery/completion of the project work.
• Perform project costing related reporting to the team and management’s review on a monthly basis to ensure that expenditures are kept within the project budget.
• Provide cost control and planning advice to the internal team as and when required.
• Undertake any other ad-hoc duties as required.