Last Updated: 4th July 2018 (over 4 years ago)
M.Sc. Environmental Sciences & EHS Management.
University of the Punjab (2005-2007)
B.Sc. Botany, Chemistry, and Zoology
Forman Christian University. (Affiliated University of California U.S.A)
INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATES & QUALIFICATIONS
• NEBOSH IGC August - 2011
• OHSAS 18001 Certified Lead Auditor (Tokyo, Japan) January 2012 March -2012
• ISO 9001:2008 Certification (Tokyo, Japan). April 2012 – July 2012
• ISO 14001:2004 Certified Lead Auditor (Tokyo, Japan). April 2012 – July 2012
• OSHA 18001:2007 Certification. Lead Auditor) (Tokyo, Japan).
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (14 Years’ + Experience)
01. Organization: RAS Al- Khaimah, (British Petroleum) Rumaila Oil Field
POSITION: HSEQ Manager (Operation Maintenance, TAR & Shut down)
DURATION: April-2017 to Present.
PROJECT: Rumaila (South & North) British Petroleum, BGC (Shell) Oil Field Basra IRAQ.
WORK SCOPE: Operation Maintenance, Shut Down, TAR.
LOCATION: Al-Basra, IRAQ. Middle East
02. Organization: Weatherford International Ltd. (EPCM, Comm & Operation))
POSITION: Senior QHSE Supervisor /Team Lead (Cons & Comm. & Op)
DURATION: July-2014 to April, 2017.
PROJECT: Zubair Oil Field IPF Project, CPF. Basra-IRAQ (0.8 Billion USD)
WORK SCOPE: EPCM, Construction, Commissioning & Operation.
LOCATION: Al-Basra, IRAQ. Middle East,
03. Organization: Samsung Engineering/ LUK Oil Company, Middle East. (PMC/EPCM)
POSITION: Project QHSE Supervisor/ Coordinator (Commissioning & Cons.)
DURATION: October-2013 to July 2014.
PROJECT: West Qurna-2 CPF (initial Oil Phase & Oil Rigs Drilling Project
Al-Basra-IRAQ. (World 2nd Largest Oil & Gas Project)
PROJECT SITE West Qurna-2 (11 Trains, 1 Billion USD Project)
WORK SCOPE: EPCM, Construction, Commissioning & Operation.
LOCATION: Al-Basra, IRAQ. Middle East,
04. Organization: Al Bilal Petroleum/ STX Heavy Industries. (EPCM)
POSITION: Project HSEQ Site Supervisor (Construction & Commissioning)
DURATION: Feb-2012 to October 2013.
CLIENT E.n. i International Oil & Energy Company Italy.
PROJECT: Zubair Oil Field Development Project, Rehabilitation of CPF & Well Pads. (Brown field) Basra-IRAQ. .
PROJECT SITES: Zubair DGS-4 Oil Field, Zubair Mushrif DGS-3 Oil Field,.
Hamar Mishrif Oil Field DGS-1, 12 Well Sites & Satellites Areas,
WORK SCOPE: Operation Maintenances, Construction, Commissioning & Operation.
LOCATION: Al-Basra, IRAQ. Middle East.
05. Organization: Faruki Pulp Mills Limited. Petrochemical Industry. Pakistan.
POSITION: In-Charge HSEQ Department
DURATION: March 2011 –Oct 2011.
WORK SCOPE: Eucalyptus Wood, Pulp Production, 500Mg Power Station.
LOCATION: Mangowal Sargodha road Gujrat, Pakistan.
06. ORGANIZATION: Oil & Gas Development Company Onshore (Operation, Brown Field).
POSITION: HSE Supervisor/ In charge HSE Department.
DURATION: April 2006 – Feb 2011.
PROJECT SITE: Chanda / Mela Oil Field Kohat, NWFP Pakistan.
Qadir Pur Gas Field Ghotki, Sindh Pakistan
WORK SCOPE: Oil & Gas operation & exploration, Drilling .
LOCATION: Shakardra, Kohat, NWFP. Pakistan.
07. ORGANIZATION: SGS. (Swiss General Services) Switzerland.
POSITION: Safety Engineer/Environmental Analyst.
DURATION: Feb 2004-. March 2006.
• IEE/ EIA NEW MURREE Highway PROJECT, CDA ISLAMABAD. PAKISTAN.
• IEE/ EIA Tetra Pack/ Packages Kasur & Lahore Project. Pakistan
• IEE/EIA Highway Faisalabad to khanewal (M-4) Motorway, 164 Km.
• IEE/EIA of Nahla Lai Highway Construction NESPAK Project, Islamabad Pakistan.
• EIA Marglahils Highway Project of CDA. Islamabad. Pakistan
WORK SCOPE: 14001 External Auditor, OSHA’s 18001, ISO 14001 External Auditor. EIA / IEE Services. Civil & construction Work. Bridges & Highways Construction. Ambient Air Quality, Water Testing, Meteorology Data collection, , noise monitoring, socio-economic survey, Stack Emissions & Vehicular Emissions, ISO
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Senior HSE Advisor/ Manager at Oil & Gas Sector Gulf Projects
Function Strategy Formulation
• As a senior member of the HSE function team contributes to the formulation and implementation of the HSE Department strategy and plans as appropriate to the function/business line needs and objectives.
• Lead and facilitate the development of corporate HSE policies to support the elements of the HSE Management System, including policies relating to Safety, Security, Health, Hygiene, Environment, Risk and Quality.
HSE Department Management
• Planning and implementation of the Safety aspects of a Project to ensure that deliverables are issued on schedule, project milestone dates are met, and given tasks are completed within the allowed budget.
• Verifies that the pre-commissioning, commissioning & start up requirements are accounted for into engineering documents;
• Ensures the application of the HSE Manual for the activities falling within his
Sphere of responsibility;
• Performing QRA, PHA, HAZOP and HAZID as Facilitator, Identifying Risks and Considering Control Measures,
• Development and management of various aspects of HSSEMS including objectives, schedules/programmed, plans, resources, documentation, file structures, 18001 & 14001 compliance, HSSE legal compliance, incident response/investigation.
• Preparing HSE Work Plans and SIMOPs Procedures, Supporting the Implementation and Achievement of HSE Objectives and Performance through KPIs,
• Formulate and establish robust risk assessment process and develop a significant number of competent persons within the company to lead the Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) in order to ensure effective risk management as well as minimize injury, damage to property, impact to environment and safeguard company’s reputation.
• Liaise and coordinate with internal and external parties at the appropriate levels to support and ensure execution and smooth flow of the company’s business.
Emergency Response Plans
• Ensure the development of effective Emergency Response Plans in liaison to ensure adequate compliance to contractual requirements for fire and medical emergency services.
• Provide training, resources and leadership to support internal first response requirements and Incident Command.
• Facilitate and monitor effective emergency drills and exercises to ensure organizational preparedness for an emergency.
Risk Assessment, Hazard Assessment and Facilities Protection
• Direct and manage risk assessments, hazard assessments and HAZOPs to be used in the designing the Documents of IMS Standards (ISO 9001, 14001 & OHSAS 18001) and Effective HSE Work Practices and Procedures by Continues Monitoring.
• Performing QRA, HAZOP and HAZID as Facilitator, Identifying Risks and Considering Control Measures.
• Development of appropriate studies, procedures, work instructions and Safe Work Plans to mitigate risks to employees.
• Develop and maintain equipment specifications to be used in identification of appropriate fire and safety equipment to support protection of the business, facilities and personnel.
• Participate in investigation and review of incidents resulting in loss to persons, property or the environment occurring in facilities in order to determine immediate and basic cause and make recommendations to mitigate these causes.
Environmental Impact Assessments
• Direct and manage impact assessments; develop and implement best in class practices for chemical handling and identification, spill control, waste management and emissions monitoring in order to protect the natural environment in accordance with HSE Standards requirements.
• Maintain effective communication and environmental reporting while ensuring alignment with corporate regulation.
HSE Communication and Awareness
• Develop and promote HSE communication throughout the business organization in order to promote organizational awareness of HSE issues.
• Coordinate the distribution of HSE systems information within electronic frameworks such as SAP, the corporate intranet and other information management tools.
• Develop and conduct appropriate HSE training for relevant functions within the business organization in order to ensure all employees are well informed on HSE issues.
• Conduct site orientation for all personnel to increase their awareness of the role that HSE plays in their daily work.
• Assist to establish and maintain a mandatory HSE training matrix for all personnel in order to minimize skill and knowledge gaps.
CERTIFICATES & TRAINING
• NORM Certificate (British Petroleum).
• Certified HSE Trainer. (Weatherford International & British Petroleum)
• Certified First Aider (CPR/ BLS) Level 2. (Weatherford International & British Petroleum)
• Authorized AGT & SGT Level 1 & Level 2 (Waterford International & British Petroleum)
• Authorized LOTO / Isolation Coordinator (British Petroleum)
• Certified Lifting & Rigging Safety Supervisor. Level 1 & Level 2(British Petroleum)
• Fire Fighting. (Weatherford International)
• Authorized Permit to Work Coordinator. (Weatherford International & British Petroleum)
• Authorized Process Isolation Coordination (British Petroleum)
• Methods of hydrocarbons firefighting level 2
PROFESSIONAL TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Construction Hazard Analysis
• SIMOPS Specialist (Commissioning & Construction Safety)
• (PSSRA) Pre-startup safety & Risk analysis.
• (PHA) Process Hazard Analysis.
• (HEMP) Hazard and effect management process
• Tap Root & Beta Incident Investigation
• (PSM) Process Safety Management
• (QRA) Quantitative Risk assessment
• HAZOPs & Hazids (Hazard Analysis & Control).
• Lead HSE Training Instructor. (Waterford International)
• Microsoft Office Advance level (Word, Excel, and Power Point).
• Windows Xp, 2007, Vista, Professional. SEO Specialist
• Adobe Photoshop professional
• Website Developer & Designer
• Computer Hardware & Software
• English Arabic Urdu Punjabi Hindi
Material Status: Married
Current Location: BASRA, IRAQ, Multi visa with work permit.