As a result oriented & competent civil engineering professional offering 33 years’ experience
Last Updated: 19th June 2019 (over 3 years ago)
Bachelor's in Civil Engineering
— Sep 1986
• Building key stakeholder subcontractor’s relationships and managing contracts to meet specified terms and conditions
• Liaising and communicating projects with departments to ensure a thorough understanding of scope and specifying risks associated to the development of key stages
• Monitoring and implementing processes and procedures to ensure compliance with corporate policies
• Producing and analysing progress reports and using MIS to reinforce strategic plans and effectively report findings
— Aug 2015
Key Performance Objectives-
• Specifying project objectives and plans including delineation of scope, budgeting, scheduling, setting performance requirements, and selecting the project participants.
• Liaising with Site Manager, Resident Engineer and Planning Engineer to gain full understanding of scope of work • Coordinating & monitoring sub-contractors, & ensuring all subcontract operations are carried our efficiently & safely.
• Understanding & complying with QHSE requirements as well as ensuring awareness of all personnel at both project / corporate level to provide a safe working environment.
• Implementing safe working practices / procedures to achieve & where possible exceed all project / company HSE goals and likewise issuing similar work instructions to contractors. • Developing and implementing quality control programs.
• Delivering a high standard of work to ensure a consistent and efficient approach at all times.
• Providing support, supervising, & managing personnel development.
• Managing and directing personnel for safe and structured delivery of plans.
• Arranging staff / labor as well as machinery & plant equipment as per requirements and interfacing with vendors.
• Preparing daily, weekly, & monthly progress report of work done and preparing MIS for top management.
— Oct 2010
Calculated and prepared tender submissions for the employer, worked out contract cost to deliver project while ensuring expected return on investment with projected profits.
Established likely progress and completion dates, including allowances for bad weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
Handled complete preparation of variation order request; estimated cost of works enclosed in variation order request.
Attended meetings and liaised with stakeholders on commercial matters.
Prepared daily and weekly progress review reports
— Aug 2009
Optimized manpower, material, and equipment allocation for assigned projects, met budgets, & minimized deviations between resource requirements and project forecasts.
Kept an eye on all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements
Interpreted client requirements, prepared and submitted construction project budget estimates.
Identified engineering problems and ensured implementation of appropriate solutions.
Evaluated, organized, and prioritized workload within a schedule
Liaised with third party contractors to ensure that all equipments are fit for purpose/ use
Reviewed status reports of the performance of project team members & assessed results achieved.
— Sep 2006
Determined productivity of manpower as per work requirements.
Interpreted details and drawings and provided instructions to Foreman onsite.
Provided solutions to problems encountered in course of executing work.
Supervised workers and foremen as well as checked attendance of workers.
Provided risk assessment for safety officer.
Maintained housekeeping within the area.
Prepared daily reports and submitted to the project engineer.