Chartered Accountant with 10 years of experiance
Last Updated: 7th April 2018 (over 4 years ago)
— Mar 2008
— Jun 2002
— Feb 2018
I joined UniEstate Properties as head of accounts and finance departments. In addition to usual responsibilities of Finance Manager, I have been asked to implement VAT and to develop and document systems in the company to implement manual and systematic inter controls in Accounts, Finance, Procurement, Engineering, Inventory, Sales and Customer Support departments, with main focus on construction, sales and leasing activities.
• Implemented VAT in ERP to comply with FTA regulation.
• Prepared and implemented several procedures to establish internal controls.
— Jun 2017
I joined Seapal Group of Companies as Group Finance Manager and have been given responsibilities to supervise accounting and finance functions of entire group and to develop and implement internal controls.
• Started contribution margin approach in tender pricing.
• Prepared several feasibility studies of proposed investments.
• Started the Project Cost Budgeting process.
• Established integrated Stores and Purchasing function in ERP.
• Successfully negotiated with banks for relaxations in pricing and collateral requirements.
• Analyzed the 120% project budget overrun and categorized it into force majeure, upgrades & mis-management.
— Nov 2011
I joined Kohinoor as Finance Manager of its Apparel Division in April 2008 thereafter I have been given additional responsibility as Finance Manager of its Hosiery Division. I was reportable to Managing Directors and CFO of KML.
• I supervised preparation of annual financial statements of company for year ended 30 June 2008 that got Best Corporate Report award from Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP).
• I worked with steering committee to remove internal control flaws in their ERP system – Oracle Financials.
• I supervised implementation of ERP system – Oracle Financials in a new division.
• I developed many reports for efficient management reporting.
• I succeeded, along with my team, to develop and implement Job Order Costing System in ERP.
— Mar 2008
I started part time job at Doctors' Pharmacia after B.Com as Accounts Manager and worked for almost seven years till my CA qualification. This part time job gave me precious experience to handle complete books of account myself from very basic level.