Last Updated: 24th February 2018 (over 4 years ago)
I am writing to express my interest in the new vacancy as Sr Mechanical Engineer . I am currently employed with El-Seif Engineering Contracting as Senior Mechanical Engineer acting Mechanical construction manager .I am tasked with Executed daily operations of monitoring the works executed by the engineering team at site, Conduct and coordinate all Technical progress meetings with a wide range of clients and their representatives, Consultants, Project Manager, Contractors, Suppliers, Supervised monitored and reported Project progress to Operation Manager throughout the project cycle to ensure on time completion. Attended Project Progress and Quality Meetings and coordinate with other departments and contractors , Monitored, verified and enforced specification compliance of materials at various stages of project. I firmly believe that my knowledge and experience earned as a Sr. Mechanical Engineer will add value to this position and ultimately your organization.
Moreover, I have also worked with BESIX Contracting & Management as Lead Mechanical Engineer in king Abduallah Stadium in Jeddah where I performed numerous duties like responsible for Mechanical-installation in the building till completion, Provides technical input for offer requests and award of Mechanical- Sub-contracts, Initiates and manages upstream schedule for subcontracts & responsible for as-built documents and manuals . In total, my experience provided me with the opportunity to observe and understand the critical role that a worker plays in ensuring the safe and smooth running of every project. I have exposure in all of the expected requirements for this position, and if given an opportunity, I will commit to this job and work with unrelenting passion and dedication.
As an ambitious and capable individual, I firmly believe that my expertise in the profession makes me a perfect fit for this position. I would appreciate the opportunity to join an esteemed and reputable construction firm such as yours. Please have a look at my enclosed resume for detailed information of my work experience and education. I looking forward to discussing this position with you more in person.
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Mobile : +966 (56) 43 735 55
— Jun 2008
Senior Mechanical Engineer
• Provided leadership to projects teams to accomplish project goals and monitor output.
• Worked in establishing and managing the different functions of the Engineering Department (Project Management, work execution), leading a team of Engineers with different disciplines (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical & safety) in providing efficient, effective and professional support for project execution within the time and cost frame.
• Executed daily operations of monitoring the works executed by the engineering team at site, prepared interim and completion project reports.
• Conduct and coordinate all Technical progress meetings with a wide range of clients and their representatives, Consultants, Project Manager, Contractors, Suppliers and Service Providers.
• Follow up all kind of drawing and material submissions, i.e. Earth movement, Civil Construction “roads and buildings”, Steel Structure, MEP works, Shop and systems coordination, material submissions and approvals.
• Followed up with Client for technical issues and with besides the monthly payment applications approvals.
• Supervised monitored and reported Project progress to Operation Manager throughout the project cycle to ensure on time completion. Attended Project Progress and Quality Meetings and coordinate with other departments and contractors.
• Monitored, verified and enforced specification compliance of materials at various stages of project. Managed and control Project Budget.
• Managed project commercial issues and variation claims, monthly payments.
Lead Mechanical Engineer
— Nov 2017
2. Coordinates Mechanical and execution between design sub-contractors and 3.Civil/finishing works with Architect
4. Provides planning input for Mechanical works.
5. Provides technical input for offer requests and award of Mechanical- Sub-contracts
6. Initiates and manages upstream schedule for sub-contracts
7. Initiates and manages upstream schedule for Mechanical designs
8. Assists in technical coordination meetings
9. Responsible for as-built documents and manuals
10.Responsible for performance tests, commissioning, hand over snagging and de-snagging control.
11. Provides information for variation orders Mechanical works
12. Alerts on planning slippages for Mechanical -works and on quality insufficiencies
13. Assists in tenant’s improvement program
14. Coordination and progress meeting with client/engineer/sub-contractors.
Project Mechanical Engineer
— May 2013
• Provide seasoned expertise in the business development, tendering and contracts pricing, payments and invoicing, HVAC System design for Industrial Projects, development and establishment of multi-discipline commissioning program.
• Conducted design commissioning appraisal and produced calculations for required modifications to the plan to deliver the loads requirements.
• Manage Cash Flow Requirements for the Projects. Control expenditures within limitations of project budget.
• Responsible for material and manpower planning for the project.
• Reviewed and coordinated with technical specialists and site personnel in identifying and resolving complex technical problems and pending engineering issues.
• Directed commissioning activities to enable segmented project handovers. Controlled record documentation.
• Compiled Project O & M Manuals and provided the facility Manager with appropriate training.
• Identified systems missing components and ensured on time system commissioning.
• Executed daily operations of monitoring the work executed by the engineering team at site.
• Chaired weekly progress meetings with specialist subcontractors.