Commissioning Supervisor / Shutdown Management Coordinator
Last Updated: 31st May 2018 (over 4 years ago)
Oversaw 6 complex shutdowns, coordinated 4 facilities; with 14 simple shutdowns of Orlan offshore platform.
Lead and mentor diverse cross functional team as well as work independently and collaborate with management at all levels.
Leadership and Project Management | Commissioning Start Up | Problem Solving
Lean Thinking | Project Coordination | Progress and KPI Reports | Mentoring
Inter-Provincial Red Seal Journeyman Millwright
— Oct 1996
Shutdown Management Coordinator
— Oct 2017
• Managed and coordinated safety, security, logistics, engineering, procurement, operations, construction, contractors, planning, scheduling, work scope execution, and cost stewardship, recovering $8.7M in expenses and finishing shutdown at $0.5M under budget and on schedule.
• Optimized and improved equipment availability and reliability between shutdowns by implementing Lean thinking, identifying work that’s required to be done and also through contingency planning for found work, minimizing downtime and production losses.
• Scheduled and led shutdown planning meetings by keeping focused on planning process and identifying and resolving issues, meeting roadmap and functional milestone deadlines set out by management.
• Prepared Gate packages for management update meetings and presented progress reports, identifying possible issues with recommended resolutions to management for sign off and approval to proceed.
• Monitored shutdown progress (planning to execution), ensuring no major shutdown goals were jeopardized, directing deliverables and milestones in line with shutdown planning road map.
• Implemented and managed scope change process, ensuring all scope changes were approved before including in shutdown scope after scope lock.
Commissioning Supervisor / Maintenance Supervisor
— Jan 2012
• Managed and harmonized contractors, planning, work scope execution, and cost stewardship
• Implemented equipment strategies, M&R system best practices, and stewarded weekly KPI reporting to management, aligning maintenance with ExxonMobils global maintenance and reliability best practice and accurate budget for 5-year plan
• Implemented and oversaw stewardship of operations integrity management system (OIMS), controls integrity management system (CIMS), and field integrity management system (FIMS), aligning production facility with corporate expectations.
• Informed management of issues, resolutions, durations, and costs through asset leadership team reporting.
— Apr 2009
• Reviewed and optimized equipment strategies and PM plans in SAP, aligning maintenance with ExxonMobils global maintenance and reliability best practice and creating more informed and accurate budget for 5-year plan.
• Acted as competency assurance trainer and assessor of Russian national craftsmen, ensuring highly skilled and qualified craftsmen to maintain equipment after start up.
• Collaborated with operations sponsors and engineers by optimizing equipment through put and increasing daily production rates, meeting or exceeding daily targets
• Reviewed critical equipment, identifying critical spares and eliminating duplicate material masters in SAP. Built RSPL’s recommending min/max stock levels, allowing for available material and maintaining equipment availability and reliability.
• Reduced material costs by sourcing material manufacturers to buy direct from instead of using third party buyers.
• Coordinated and led small projects and field modifications, improving safety, production, and equipment reliability.