Quantity Surveyor / Mechanical Piping/ Cost Estimator Engineer
Last Updated: 13th June 2018 (over 4 years ago)
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
— Apr 2006
QS Engineer Piping / Project Controls Specialist
— Dec 2017
• Reviewed contract agreement, project specification, method of measurement and other documents related to quantity surveying.
• Verified and certified (CSS) Cost Summary Sheets submitted by subcontractor based on IFC and BOQ rates prior to Mile Marker uploading.
• Participated in regular Contractor progress meetings, at interface coordination meetings as required.
• Worked closely with Field Engineering Team, updated drawing registered and ensured that is matched with engineering updates.
• Provided support to the project team on commercial matters as required and requested across all cost codes with regard to the budget value and quantities.
• Developed and maintain excellent working relationships with client and subcontractor representatives.
• Maintained proper documentation for all marked-up isometric drawings.
Quantity Surveyor Pipping
— Oct 2016
• Reviewed the terms, condition, scope of work in the contract and the Preambles in the BOQ which forms the basis of re-measurement of the work involve and evaluation of variation and additional claims submitted by subcontractors.
• Evaluated Sub-contractors claims and variations if quantities conform to actual work done at site and Unit Price are in accordance with Subcontract agreement and prepare response to such claims.
• Performed quantity monitoring by establishing and comparing estimated quantities / cost against actual on-site quantity during the progress.
• In depth review of and checking of quantities/ cost submitted by the subcontractors.
• Provided realistic estimated quantity and cost to Project Subcontract Manager to form a Provision Quantity / Cost for forecast reporting.
• Assisted the Sub-Contract Engineer in the evaluation and verification of extra works and maintain proper filing of all contracts and accounting documents.
• Liase and co-operate with Project Management team members, Construction Team members, other functional departments and subcontractors to ensure that the latest revision drawings are distributed and used for re-measurement.
Quantity Surveyor (Mechanical/Piping/Structure)
— Sep 2014
o Interface with the Shell project and construction management teams and contractors, and contribute to an integrated oversight of project activities associated with contracting.
o Measurement and valuation of the work in accordance with the contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• As a Quantity Surveyor, I am responsible on the preparation of drawings required for site progress monitoring for Substructure and Topsides structural and all piping related works.
• Determined and check quantities of total dia-inch extracted from isometric drawings issued for construction on all piping works.
• Determined quantity for pipe spool fabricated and field installed in terms of dia-inch and monitor MDS (Multi-Discipline Support) installation.
• Coordinated with production supervisors at site for piping already fit-up, full welded, sandblasted, painted and installed.
• Checked and verified on site with the contractors the actual physically progress Pipe Cutting Prefabrication, Assembly, Painting until Installation.
• Assisted 4D Invision model operator to ensure the quality and correctness of the model output and review as per agreed mark-up isometric drawings
• Maintained proper documentation for all marked-up isometric drawings from site production, to ensure that all fabricated and installed pipe spools are being closely monitored.
Subcontract Administrator (QS)
— Oct 2012
• Prepared and provided cost estimates (NTE - Not to exceed value) for Contracts Department’s Site Instructions (Additional/ Change Order Works) of all Contractors.
• Prepared and provided cost estimates of Project Variation Notices (PVN) and Project Deviation Notices (PDN) for budget approval by the client.
• Prepared and provided back-charge cost estimates against Contractors, Suppliers and Vendors.
• Maintained and monitored Over-all Site Instruction Log and Over-all Back-charge Log.
• Make sure that BOQ and WBS Codes are properly allocated in each discipline in accordance with Contract Schedule of Rates and if any, identify Star Rates requirement. With Subcontractor QS, carry-out actual physical measurement and sample checks for any particular work, such as; E&I Cables and Hydraulic/Chemical/Instrument Air Tubing Lines.
• Ensure that the subcontract cost will bring profitability and to the benefit of the project. Prepare and submit change orders to client including necessary documentations in a timely manner.
• Responsible in final quantity measurement intended for the final account of the project and analyze engineer’s issued field transmittal memorandum.